Bulgaria Introduces Electronic Toll Passes in 2013
Bulgaria's road vignettes will be replaced by 2013 with electronic toll systems, Regional Minister, Rosen Plevneliev informs.
Plevneliev spoke to media Thursday, during the conference “Transatlantic Partnership between the US and the EU – Bulgaria's Role,” organized on the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria.
A working group will prepare the parameters of the electronic system in the next six months, and the decision of the Council of Ministers will be made then, but the entire process will require at least three years.
The Minister pointed out the system would not lead to increased fees for drivers and stressed on the experience of other countries, such as Germany, where electronic toll systems have increased revenues from road taxes up to seven times.
The system in Bulgaria will include the so-called electronic passes and traffic monitoring through GPS devices.
Once in place, the system will allow those who travel less to pay less in road fees.
The investment cost remains unclear, but one plan includes the option where expenses will be undertaken by investors against a promised future concession.
- » Alitalia Canceled 95 Flights Due to Strike
- » 114.88 Thousand Tons of Poultry Meat Was Produced in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister For Public Order and Security, Defense Minister Calls Round Table on Roma Integration
- » Predictions of a Decline in Tourists in Bulgarian Summer Resort Albena
- » Two Bulgarians who Won a Place in the Forbes Ranking for the most Successful Young Entrepreneurs
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year
Thats a great news. In a country like India with over a billion population it is an experience for any foreigner inspite of a mishap. But their toll system works well to minimize the fiasco. The builders and opeartors are doing a great job. After a research, I found the technology providers and they are quite amazing. Check here the technology:http://www.metroroadsystems.com/toll_collections.shtml