40 000 Rally to Celebrate Day of Slavic Script in Moscow
About 40 000 people participated in the rally for May 24, Day of the Slavic Script, in Russia’s capital Moscow.
The Day of the holy brothers, St. Cyril and St. Methodius, is celebrated in Bulgaria as the national holiday dedicated to the Slavic Script and Bulgaria Culture and Education but is also honored in other Slavic Orthodox countries using the Cyrillic alphabet.
The Moscow rally was headed personally by the Russia Orthodox Church Patriach, Kiril (i.e. Cyril), and was supported by youth orthodox organizations and university students.
Of number of the participants came specially for the rally from other Russian cities.
The focal points of the rally was a holy service performed by the Patriarch Kiril and the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM of India Launches Vaccination Drive Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19: Entry into US Will Require PCR Test
- » Iran Bans U.S., U.K. Covid-19 Vaccines
- » World Reaction after Trump Supporters Storming U.S. Capitol, Trying to Stop Election
- » Four People Dead after Trump Supporters Stormed The Capitol Building
- » Norway: Rescue Operations Continue in Search of People after the Landslide