Israeli Correspondent for Bulgaria Dies at 50
Heny Berler, friend of Bulgaria and long-time media correspondent passed away suddenly in Israel Monday.
The news was reported by the Bulgarina Jewish Organization “Shalom.”
Belrer was born on February 19, 1960. She worked for years as a correspondent of the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, and Television, BNT, and a number of other media. The outstanding journalist was one of the key figures to which strong ties between Bulgaria and Israel can be attributed. Her last successful project was the establishment of a Bulgarian-Israeli Culture institute in Tel Aviv and Sofia.
The journalist was also Head Secretary of the Association of Bulgarian Jews in Israel.
According to BNT, Berler was scheduled to attend the meeting of the Bulgarina media which opened in Vienna Monday.
The funeral will be held on Thursday, May 20.
- » Bernardo Bertolucci, Oscar-Winning Director of ‘The Last Emperor,’ Dies at 77
- » 'The Real Super Mario' Dies Aged 84
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Charles Aznavour, French Singing Star, Dies at 94
- » Burt Reynolds: Hollywood Star Dies at 82
- » Former UN Chief Kofi Annan Dies at 80