Goalie Becomes 1st Bulgarian to Win Turkey Football Title
Long-time goalkeeper of the Bulgarian national team, Dimitar Ivankov, has become the first Bulgarian footballer to win Turkey’s championship.
Ivankov’s team Bursaspor won Sunday Turkey’s Super League after several dramatic outcomes in the last round of the championship.
Bursaspor became champion for the first time in its history after beating Besiktas 2:1, and thanks to a 1:1 draw in the match between previous league leader Fenerbahce and Trabzonspor.
Ivankov has been playing for Bursaspor since 2008, and in the Turkish Super League since 2005. He played his last game for the Bulgarian national football team on March 3, 2010.
He is known for being the goalkeeper to have scored the greatest number of goals in Europe and is third globally with a total of 42 goals in his career. Ivankov scored for the last time in April 2010 for Bursaspor from a penalty kick.
- » 15 Year-old Yosif Miladinov Breaks Bulgarian Record with 52.32 Butterfly
- » Grigor Dimitrov Stumbled Again in Nadal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progressed with One Place in the World Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Golden Ensemble in Rhythmic Triumphs in the Crowd in Sofia (Video)
- » Successful Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Bilyana Dudova Became European Wrestling Champion in Bucharest