Goalie Becomes 1st Bulgarian to Win Turkey Football Title
Long-time goalkeeper of the Bulgarian national team, Dimitar Ivankov, has become the first Bulgarian footballer to win Turkey’s championship.
Ivankov’s team Bursaspor won Sunday Turkey’s Super League after several dramatic outcomes in the last round of the championship.
Bursaspor became champion for the first time in its history after beating Besiktas 2:1, and thanks to a 1:1 draw in the match between previous league leader Fenerbahce and Trabzonspor.
Ivankov has been playing for Bursaspor since 2008, and in the Turkish Super League since 2005. He played his last game for the Bulgarian national football team on March 3, 2010.
He is known for being the goalkeeper to have scored the greatest number of goals in Europe and is third globally with a total of 42 goals in his career. Ivankov scored for the last time in April 2010 for Bursaspor from a penalty kick.
- » Manchester United Sack Jose Mourinho after Worst ever Premier League Start
- » Balkan 2030 World Cup bid is Realistic, Says Bulgarian Sports Minister
- » Anthony Ivanov Ranks 8th at the World Swimming Championship in China
- » VAR to be Introduced in Bulgarian Football in 3 Years, Announced the Head of BFU
- » River Edge out Boca after Extra Time to Win Historic Copa Libertadores
- » Grigor Dimitrov Clarifies his Statement About Sofia Open
miracle would be Turkey and Serbia becoming EU members
Now the Turks have realized they have to beg Bg and Greeks for non-veto :(
oh the humiliation :(
Well what are you willing to offer in return? Taking back all your Turks and Turkish-speaking "Roma" would be a fair offer