Bulgarian Tax Agents Mix Pleasure with Work at AC/DC Concert
Bulgarian tax inspectors will perform checks at the AC/DC concert in Sofia Friday night, announced the National Revenue Agency (NAP).
NAP inspectors and police officers will be positioned at every entrance of the “Vassil Levski” stadium where the AC/DC concert will take place and will check the number of people, the validation of the tickets, and the proper revenue declaration.
They will also check the permits of the people who sell food, drinks and souvenirs at the stadium.
Many of the tax inspectors have bought tickets because they are AC/DC fans. Some of them especially expressed their desire to perform their duties at the Friday concert, the official announcement says adding the inspections will not affect the concert or the audience.
“We just want to make sure all tax requirements will be met. I will also be at the stadium because I like AC/DC,” says NAP Chief executive, Krasimir Stefanov.
A few months ago Stefanov warned that all concerts in Bulgaria of world famous stars such as AC/DC, Elton John, etc, will be inspected.
Since December 2009, the NAP has started checks on 13 concert organizers in Bulgaria. The inspections have shown that organizers do not always pay all the taxes, although the Bulgarian income tax law requires withholding 10% of the remuneration of every foreign performer.
At present, the Revenue Agency is performing checks of promotion companies over information for tax evasion that may have incurred to the state budget losses amounting to hundreds of thousands of BGN.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%
- » The EC representation in Bulgaria is launching an Information Campaign for the Adoption of the Euro
- » Visiting a Bank Office in Bulgaria is getting More and More Expensive
- » Bulgaria: "Standard & Poor's" confirmed the Credit Rating of Sofia