Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Bulgaria Airport
An Airplane of Hungary's low cost airline company Wizzair is said to have made an emergency landing at 16.30 pm at Bulgaria's Sofia Airport.
The plane's tires have burst and caught fire upon touchdown.
Bulgaria's fire brigade managed to quickly extinguish the fire.
There were 160 passengers on board the plane that traveled from Venice to Sofia. No one was injured in the incident, however, Sofia Airport has declared an emergeny situation.
The hydraulics of the airplane will be checked and experts will probe into why the tyres of the plane burst upon touchdown.
Sofia Airport officials have announced that there will be delays in two of its scheduled flights as the Wizzair plane needs to be pulled out of the landing strip.
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria
- » Mexico City Earthquake: Houses Evacuated as 5.7 Quake Rocks Mexican Capital
- » A Weak Earthquake in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner: The Measures taken by Bulgaria on Rinderpest are Strictly in Line with the EC’s Recommendations