Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Bulgaria Airport
An Airplane of Hungary's low cost airline company Wizzair is said to have made an emergency landing at 16.30 pm at Bulgaria's Sofia Airport.
The plane's tires have burst and caught fire upon touchdown.
Bulgaria's fire brigade managed to quickly extinguish the fire.
There were 160 passengers on board the plane that traveled from Venice to Sofia. No one was injured in the incident, however, Sofia Airport has declared an emergeny situation.
The hydraulics of the airplane will be checked and experts will probe into why the tyres of the plane burst upon touchdown.
Sofia Airport officials have announced that there will be delays in two of its scheduled flights as the Wizzair plane needs to be pulled out of the landing strip.
- » Bulgarian Football Club Graffiti Appeared on Hiroshima Monument
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Six Injured in Accident at Arms Factory Arsenal in Kazanlak
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Shortage of Teachers in Bulgaria will Reach 10,000 in 2 Years, 39,000 in 8 Years
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground