Psychiatry Clinic Head Named Bulgaria Deputy Health Minister
Professor Ivan Milanov is going to be appointed Deputy Health Minister, Bulgaria’s Health Minister, Anna-Maria Borisova announced Friday.
Borisova further said Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, has approved her proposal for Milanov, whom she described as a competent expert with long practice, an erudite and most of all – a physician since “the Ministry already has too many economists.”
The Health Minister informed that Prof. Milanov will work with her in carrying out the health reform, adding she has full trust in him and counts on his support.
Until now Milanov has worked as the Director of the Psychiatry Clinic “St. Naum” in Sofia known as the “4th Kilometer.”
Milanov is a neurologist with over 50 publications abroad and had taken part in the preparation of the so-called positive medicine list which determines the medicine to be covered by Bulgaria’s National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
In addition to announcing the nomination, Borisova addressed Friday the issue of the revocation of the full smoking ban by the majority stating as a doctor she could not say anything else but that smoking is harmful, however, economic circumstances now impose compromise decisions.
- » First Industrial Farm Hit by African Swine Fever in Bulgaria
- » Vaccine For HIV Will be Tested on Humans
- » Hepatitis A Boom near Burgas
- » A Free Hepatitis C Research Campaign Starts Tomorrow
- » EU Agriculture Ministers Discussed the Situation with African Swine Fever
- » About 1.7 million People Have Been Infected with the HIV Virus in 2018