Bulgarian Industrial Association Celebrates 30th Anniversary
The Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA) celebrates Tuesday the 30th anniversary from its establishment.
The event was held at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Sofia in the presence of the Speaker of the Parliament, Tsetska Tsacheva, Antonio Penalosa, Secretary General of the International Employers' Organization, ministers, members of the Parliament, heads of national institutions, NGOs, foreign delegations, social partners, companies, and the media.
BIA voiced during the forum their proposal for priority development of farming, tourism and improving the effectiveness of the State administration as the best ways to fight the economic crisis.
The BIA President, Bozhidar Danev, said during his keynote address that the crisis is a test for the vitality of the Bulgarian economy and an opportunity to modernize it, adding farming in Bulgaria must preserve biodiversity, tourism must use the country’s rich natural resources and infrastructure development needs to be based on concessions and public-private partnerships.
The Minister of Labor and Social Policy, Totyu Mladenov, spoke as a representative of the cabinet, thanking BIA for their work in the preparation of the anti-crisis measures package.
BIA'a also bestowed its annual IN-5 Awards at the forum. The name stands for the five basic pillars of economic prosperity: Industry, Investments, Innovations, Intellect, and Initiatives. The competition for top contributors to the Bulgarian economic development is held for the sixth year in a row.
During his visit to Bulgaria, on the occasion of BIA’s anniversary, Antonio Penalosa met Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, for a business breakfast as well as Totyu Mladenov, and President, Georgi Parvanov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas