Bulgaria Issues Coin Dedicated to Belogradchik Rocks
The Bulgarian National Bank has issued a coin dedicated to one the country’s top tourist attractions, the Belogradchik Rocks.
The silver coin has a nominal value of BGN 10, and will be sold by the Bulgarian National Bank for BGN 54. A total of 4 000 coins will be circulated. The artistic image of the Belogradchik Rocks on the back of the coin has been authored by Vanya Dimitrova.
This is the second commemorative coin issued by the BNB in 2010; the first one was dedicated to the 140th year since the establishing of the Bulgarian Exarchate.
The Belogradchik Rocks, located near the northwest Bulgarian town of Belogradchik, are miraculous sandstone and limestone rock formations of up to 200 m in height with various shapes resulting from erosion. They form a strip which is 30 km in length and 3 km in width in the northwestern part of the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain.
Every single rock is named after a real object that it resembles. The rock range varies in color. The Belogradchik Rocks were declared a natural landmark in 1949. The ancient Belogradchik fortress is also located among the rocks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 58 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: 14 Migrants detained in a Private Ambulance near Burgas - Driver Dressed as Paramedic (UPDATED)
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 185 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Over 1,600 Bulgarian Students will receive a "Warm Lunch" during the Winter months
- » Bulgaria: A Girl and a Woman Died in a Car Accident near Dimitrovgrad
- » Bulgarian Health Inspector: The Peak of the Flu Epidemic is expected at the end of January and the first week of February