Bulgaria Socialist Leader Slams Govt over Municipality Funding
Ex Bulgaria PM and Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev has expressed concern about the economic and social situation in Bulgaria’s municipalities.
In a declaration the BSP local authority representatives insist on immediate action to stabilize the financial situation in municipalities to ensure public services to citizens, Stanishev revealed in Sandanski at a BSP part conference Sunday.
"We expect the government to immediately decide on the reallocation of tax revenues, giving the share of municipal taxes back to them so as not to increase the municipal financial deficit which has reached a critical size,” Stanishev stated. He added that as the major beneficiaries of Bulgaria’s EU funded projects municipalities should receive the money from these as quickly as possible without undue bureaucracy.
“I absolutely not accept the center-right GERB government’s attempts to impose a policy that is inconsistent with the EU norms for equal living conditions in all regions of the country….This is why we have local government officials being forced to go directly to Brussels to appeal to the European Parliament over the problems faced,” Stanishev concluded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend