Bulgaria Pops Up in UK Historic Debate
In the first prime ministerial TV debate in the UK, Gordon Brown and David Cameron have clashed over spending cuts, tax, political reform and Bulgaria.
The conservative leader Cameron raised a few eyebrows by saying that in Britain "our death rate from cancer is actually worse than Bulgaria's".
What local media describe as a controversial claim seems to be backed by the World Health Organisation figures.
In its 2009 annual report, the WHO found that on average 147 people died per year from cancer per 100,000 people. This compared to 129 deaths per 100,000 heads in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended
- » Bulgaria: 11 Infected with COVID-19 in a Dialysis Center in Dobrich
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 32: Three Key Crossroads Remain Blocked