Bulgaria New Health Minister Nomination Missing in Parliament
Bulgaria's Parliament has not yet received the cabinet's nomination for new Health Minister and documentation for the discharge of Bozhidar Nanev, who resigned as such on March 30.
The information was announced Tuesday by the co-Chair of the parliamentary group of the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party, Iskra Fidosova.
Fidosova's report casts a doubt that the intentions of Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, to reshuffle the Health Ministry leadership on Wednesday - the first workday of the Parliament after their Easter vacation, will materialize.
The Health Ministry has now several vacant posts, including Nanev's, one for a Deputy Minister, for the head of the Medicine Policy Department, and for Nanev's advisor on medicine policy. The last 3 resigned just two days after Borisov, named Prof. Anna-Maria Borisova the new Health Minister and 10 days after the resignation of Bozhidar Nanev from the post.
Nanev was charged by the Sofia City Prosecutor with concluding 2 unfavorable for the State deals for the purchase of the anti-viral flu medicine Tamiflu. He denies the charges as unfounded.
Late Tuesday, Borisova is going to meet the GERB Members of the Parliament, while on Wednesday she has to face those from the right-wing Blue Coalition, who declared they would not unconditionally support her nomination and must firs hear her step-by-step program for a health reform.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend