Bulgaria Right Wing Consolidates Union to Compete with GERB
Bulgaria's right-wing Blue Coalition defined Monday as their main goal successful competition with the ruling GERB party at the upcoming local and presidential elections.
The information was reported by the co-Chairs of the Blue Coalition – Ivan Kostov, leader of the Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) and Martin Dimitrov, leader of the Union of Democratic Forces (UDF).
The 2 party's leaderships met to discuss common strategy regarding the recently announced large budget deficit, the what they deem a dangerous delay in the anti-crisis measures and other reforms, and collaboration in the future elections.
Ivan Kostov, warned earlier Monday the rift between the Blue Coalition and the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) will deepen if the cabinet backs off from the reforms. Both co-Chairs united that there is a looming huge budget deficit and the government lacks the will to carry out real anti-crisis measures.
Martin Dimitrov further announced that local UDF and DSB organizations will now have more freedom in nominating candidates and arranging party tickets for the local elections.
The Blue Coalition also reiterated statements they will not support unconditionally the GERB nomination for new Health Minister and are inviting Tuesday to a meeting Prof. Anna-Maria Borisova to hear her step-by-step program about health care reforms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend