Bulgaria Police Arrest 'Major Shady' Businessman in Lovech
A Bulgarian businessman and an alleged leader of a criminal group has been arrested on Wednesday on accusations of an illegal acquisition of property and siphoning off European Union funds, police said.
Aleidin Aliev,aka Alcho was declared for nationwide search on April 1. Days earlier during a special operation police officers from the town of Lovech, situated 160 km northeast of the capital Sofia, together with prosecutors searched offices of companies, owned by several shady figures in the city.
Nine private houses and offices of companies, working in the field of illegal logging, export of wood and bread production, were investigated by a special police unit which took many accounting records and computer configurations as evidence.
Aleidin Aliev runs his business with two other figures who are also accused of illegal affairs.
Two days ago, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said all political parties in the last 20 years protected Aliev.
He also declared his intention to dismiss each local police officer who dares to leak information on the case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year