Bulgaria Prosecutors Probe Football Legend Mayor Lechkov
The Prosecutor’s Office in Bulgaria’s Sliven has opened an investigation into Mayor, Yordan Lechkov for abuse of office.
In a letter from the Prosecutor’s Office to the media it was only revealed that the investigation is focusing on the period from August 2008-February 2010 and involves losses from a lack of property management in the Sliven municipality.
The case is being led by Sliven District Prosecutor Plamen Stefanov.
Earlier Thursday, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said that prosecutors will bring new charges against the Mayor of Yambol Georgi Slavov. He has already been charged with abuse of office.
Lechkov has stayed in the spotlight recently, with Sliven citizens organizing a petition for his removal over alleged corrupt practices and a run in with the traffic police in Sofia leading to pre-trial proceedings being started against him by the authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov