No-Frills Wizz Air Simplifies Baggage Rules
The low-cost Wizz Air company, which operates a number of flights from Bulgaria, has announced a simplification in its baggage rules as of April 1.
The company eliminates the excess weight fees and makes booking easier by applying a single fee for a piece of checked-in baggage regardless of the weight (up to 32 kg per baggage). The fee will be EUR 15/bag if purchased at the time of booking and EUR 30 if paid at the airport.
The rule concerning the allowance for carry-on luggage does not change and the airlines will strictly apply a EUR 60 fee for oversized/overweight hand luggage at the gate and these bags will have to be checked in.
Earlier in the year the company introduced a new web check-in service, accessible for all departing flights from Sofia and ten more airports.
- » Guide to the 7 Bulgarian Startups to Watch
- » Tourism Minister: Bulgaria and Greece Partner in Joint Projects to Attract Tourists from Distant Markets to the Balkans
- » International Congress on World Civilizations, Historic Routes Kicks off in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Arms Maker VMZ Sopot to Start Drone Production
- » 200 Companies in China are Interested to Invest in Bulgaria
- » From $ 1.27 to $ 1849: How Much Does it Cost to Use Internet Around the World in Comparison with Bulgaria?