Lebanon PM Set to Open Doors to Arab World for Bulgaria
Lebanese PM Saad Hariri has stated that “Lebanon needs Bulgaria and Bulgaria needs Lebanese investment,” during his two-day visit to Sofia.
“"My presence here today is proof of the importance we attach to relations with Bulgaria," Hariri added. At the meeting between Hariri and Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov Monday the pair reportedly reviewed the economic and political challenges facing their two countries.
Hariri said that trade relations between Bulgaria and Lebanon “are not currently at the level of our common aspirations.” He also added that he would encourage the private sector in his country to invest in Bulgaria.
He concluded that improved relations with Lebanon could open the doors for Bulgaria to the investors of the Arab world. He added that Borisov is a “pragmatist who seeks to deliver quick results.”
On his part Borisov confirmed that an open skies agreement had been made between the two countries. He also stated; “In the Arab world the ruling families have a tradition of talking to each other, so it makes it much easier for us to go and ask for something from say Abu Dhabi with the PM of Lebanon as our guarantor.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country