Bulgaria Corruption Chair: Ethnic Turks Leader Must Be Probed
The Chair of the Bulgarian Parliamentary Corruption Commission, Dimo Gyaurov, has stated that there is every reason to investigate ethnic Turkish leader Ahmed Dogan.
Blue Coalition MP Gyaurov said that whether Dogan was involved in money laundering, illegal lobbying or political pressure all had to be checked. He also added that the investigation into Dogan was in no way political.
Gyuarov added that it was important to investigate Dogan as he is an “MP, political figure and the leader of a political party.”
Ethnic Turkish DPS party leader Dogan was reported last Sunday to have been paid BGN 1,5 M as a consultant on 4 Bulgarian hydroelectricity projects for the previous tri-partite government, including the ‘Tsankov Kamak’ project.
- » With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
- » Ministry of Interior: Telephone Fraudsters Earn BGN 8-10 million Per Year
- » Heat Companies in Bulgaria Want an Increase in the Price of Heating by Up to 108%
- » Iliana Yotova Talks With Foreign Students of Bulgarian Origin
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Says Oman has Withdrawn Arbitration Claim over Corpbank
- » After Five Unexcused School Absences Social Benefits Suspended for a Year Decides Bulgarian Parliament