EC Relentless in Pressing Bulgaria over Land Swaps
The European Commission had filed a second case for possible irregular State assistance in connection with Bulgaria's notorious land swaps.
The information was reported by Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, Wednesday.
The Ministry had received Tuesday a letter from the EC asking Bulgaria's position on the lands along the Black Sea coast that have been swapped between 2001 and 2009. The case had been filed in February 2010 after complaints from Bulgarian NGOs.
Naydenov further informs he asked the EC to provide their latest letter in Bulgarian in order to begin examining the concrete cases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together
- » New Procedure to Be Launched for Electing Six Bulgarian EU Delegated Prosecutors
- » Laura Kövesi: Bulgaria Must Deliver on Agreement with EPPO and Appoint Six more Delegated Prosecutors
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Participates in Berlin Process Video Summit
- » Bulgaria Will Pay Tens of Millions Euro Annually in Plastic Tax – "For the Earth" NGO
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria’s Infant Mortality Rate Third-Highest in EU