Bulgarians Caught with 11 Tons of Contraband Cigarettes in Italy
Italian customs and police authorities have arrested two Bulgarians smuggling cigarettes in their trucks.
A total of 11 tons of contraband cigarettes have been caught in two separate hits, Italian news agency ADN Kronos has reported.
The operations took place in the Italian city of Ancona on the Adriatic. In both cases the Bulgarians were detained shortly after they got off with their trucks from the ferry boat from Greece.
In the first case, the Italian authorities captured 4 860 kg of cigarettes of the Bon International brand worth EUR 1,044 M. In the second hit, they detained 6 440 kg of the Raquel and Golden Classic brands worth EUR 1,311 M.
The shipments were destined for Germany. The identity of the Bulgarian citizens has not been reported.
- » NASA is Investigating the First Crime Committed in Space
- » The Escaped Prisoners from the Prison in Stara Zagora are Moldovan Citizens
- » The Recent Fake Bomb Alerts Turned out to Be Part of an International Action
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities