Bulgarians Caught with 11 Tons of Contraband Cigarettes in Italy
Italian customs and police authorities have arrested two Bulgarians smuggling cigarettes in their trucks.
A total of 11 tons of contraband cigarettes have been caught in two separate hits, Italian news agency ADN Kronos has reported.
The operations took place in the Italian city of Ancona on the Adriatic. In both cases the Bulgarians were detained shortly after they got off with their trucks from the ferry boat from Greece.
In the first case, the Italian authorities captured 4 860 kg of cigarettes of the Bon International brand worth EUR 1,044 M. In the second hit, they detained 6 440 kg of the Raquel and Golden Classic brands worth EUR 1,311 M.
The shipments were destined for Germany. The identity of the Bulgarian citizens has not been reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District