Bulgarians Caught with 11 Tons of Contraband Cigarettes in Italy
Italian customs and police authorities have arrested two Bulgarians smuggling cigarettes in their trucks.
A total of 11 tons of contraband cigarettes have been caught in two separate hits, Italian news agency ADN Kronos has reported.
The operations took place in the Italian city of Ancona on the Adriatic. In both cases the Bulgarians were detained shortly after they got off with their trucks from the ferry boat from Greece.
In the first case, the Italian authorities captured 4 860 kg of cigarettes of the Bon International brand worth EUR 1,044 M. In the second hit, they detained 6 440 kg of the Raquel and Golden Classic brands worth EUR 1,311 M.
The shipments were destined for Germany. The identity of the Bulgarian citizens has not been reported.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million