100 Bulgarian Workers Go on Hunger Strike over Layoffs
Over 100 workers in a paper plant in Bulgaria’s town of Kostenets have declared hunger strike over an optimization plan of the management.
The specific reason for the strike is the intention of “Paper and Paper Products – Kostenets” Jsc to lay off 24 workers without any compensations, according to a statement of the Confederation of Independent Bulgarian Syndicates (KNSB).
The trade union points out that it has not been informed by the management of the factory about its intentions. What is more, the company has fired the local chair of the KNSB structure, and has appointed another person in his place.
The KNSB intends to take the case to the National Institute for Conciliation and Arbitration with a request to resolve the dispute.
The striking workers demand the dismissal of several company managers, and the appointment of others “who will abide by the laws and will secure orders and raw materials for the proper functioning of the production process.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia remains among Bulgaria's main Trading Partners
- » Bulgaria will receive 9.77 Million Euros in compensation from Brussels due to the Ukrainian Grain Imports
- » Why Is Bingo So Popular In The Uk?
- » Bulgaria's Gaming Industry — An Overview of its Rise
- » Bulgaria and 4 EU Countries have agreed with the EC on the Ukrainian Agricultural Size
- » Should Businesses Replicate Casinos and Jump on Live Streaming?