Who Is Who: Bulgaria's New EU Funds Minister Tomislav Donchev
Tomislav Donchev, currently Mayor of the city of Gabrovo in Central Bulgaria, has been approved as Bulgaria’s Minister of EU Funds Absorption.
Donchev was born in Gabrovo in 1973. In 1991, he graduated from the mathematics high school in Gabrovo.
In 1997, he earned a Master’s degree in philosophy and journalism from the Veliko Tarnovo University “St. Cyril and St. Methodius”.
In 1998, Donchev specialized in political science in a summer school of political science and international relations in Poland; in 2001, he specialized in “Support for hi-tech small and medium-sized enterprises and development of beginning firms in the NEGEV Institute in Israel.” In 2005, he completed a business mentoring course in Oxford, UK.
In 2005, he earned a Master’s in economic management from the Veliko Tarnovo University.
In 1997-1999, Donchev was a high school teacher in Veliko Tarnovo. In 2000-2004, he was the secretary of the Open Society Club in Gabrovo, and in 2001-2004, he was the director of “Hi-tech business incubator” - Gabrovo.
In 2004-2007, he was a member of the Expert Analyses team of the Open Society Institute in Bulgaria, and a member of a working group of the Finance Ministry which drafted the rules for absorption of EU funds in Bulgaria.
Donchev has also worked as a consultant and lecturer on project management and control; he has served as a program director in the Open Society Institute in Sofia managing the unit on EU funded projects.
He was elected Mayor of Gabrovo from the GERB party of Boyko Borisov in 2007. He is married and has one son.
- » Bulgarian Parliament’s Legal Committee Rejected President's Veto on Penal Code
- » 143 Schools and Kindergartens in Bulgaria have been Closed due to Flu and Bad Weather
- » Libyan Tanker Returned in Bulgarian Waters
- » Fines for Drivers without Vignettes in Bulgaria Start Tomorrow, 16.01
- » Bulgaria’s Ombudsman Maya Manolova Refers Water "Single Price" to Constitutional Court
- » State-owned Company will Build 134 km from the Hemus Motorway