Bulgaria Liberation Day Stirs Diplomatic Row in Kabul
The term “Turkish Yoke” stirred controversy between Bulgarian and Turkish servicemen from the NATO mission in Afghanistan.
Major Daniela Blagoeva, reportedly made a presentation dedicated to Bulgaria's Liberaton Day, which had been deemed offensive by Turkish army officers. Blagoeva had posted the presentation on the ISAF intranet in Kabul with text talking about the Turkish Yoke instead of the politically correct Ottoman Rule.
The Bulgarian Chief of Staff in Afghanistan had already apologized to his Turkish counterpart for the wrong use of terms.
The Bulgarian Defense Ministry informs the presentation had not been assigned to Blagoeva. The material has been deleted and the Turkish side expressed satisfaction over the swift reaction.
Blagoeva has not been punished and will continue to serve in Kabul until the new contingent arrives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan Cancelled his Decision to Declare Ambassadors of 10 Western Countries Persona Non Grata
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » Immediate Solution to Dispute Between Sofia and Skopje is Impossible
- » Diplomatic Offensive in Brno Inspires Hopes for Solution of Bulgaria-North Macedonia Dispute over Nm EU Acession
- » EU Leaders Discuss Influence and Defense of the Union at Balkan Summit
- » Bulgarian President: Membership of North Macedonia in the EU is Very Important for the Region