Muggsy Bogues to Attend Bulgaria's All Star Basketball Game
Legendary NBA player Tyrone Curtis "Muggsy" Bogues will be the special guest of Bulgaria’s 2010 All Star basketball game.
The 160-cm “Muggsy” Bogues, who is the shortest man to ever play in NBA, will be attending the All Star game of the Bulgarian basketball championship scheduled to take place in the Black Sea city of Varna on March 21, 2010, the Bulgarian Basketball Federation announced Friday.
No contract has been signed yet but according to the Federation, Bogues has agreed to come to Bulgaria, and will almost certainly watch the All Star game in Varna.
Bogues is going to give the start of the match by throwing the first ball, and will also be on the jury evaluating the performances in the dunking competition.
The best young Bulgarian player in the All Star game will be awarded a copy of the shirt with which legendary Bulgarian player, Georgi Glouchkov, played in the first ever All Star game in Bulgaria in 1990.
Glouchkov is known for being the first Eastern Bloc (and only Bulgarian) to ever play in the NBA when in 1985-1986 he was recruited by the Phoenix Suns. He is currently the Executive Director of the Bulgarian Basketball Federation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match