Bulgaria VP Slams Minister for Protecting Busted Migration Official
Bulgaria's Minister for Bulgarians Abroad, Bozhidar Dimitrov, has been accused of protecting the arrested General Secretary of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, Stefan Nikolov.
Bulgaria Vice President Angel Marin labeled the arrest of Nikolov as “a very unpleasant event with negative consequences, which could undermine the prestige of the "Bulgarian Citizenship" institution and the Bulgarian state.”
He added that 100-150 applications for Bulgarian citizenship are rejected every week due to forged documents and said that "In their desire to accelerate the procedure they should not allow mistakes." Marin also confirmed that 47-50 000 applications for Bulgarian citizenship are waiting to be processed.
Marin concluded by saying that he is surprised that Dimitrov is still in his post as he protected Nikolov before his arrest. He added that after speaking to Rayna Mandjukova (Chair of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad) he had been informed of the irregularities in the agency and said that the people who have recently been arrested were interfered with by “people who stand above her”.
On other subjects Marin, who was speaking at Shipka on Bulgaria’s Liberation Day, commented on the recent war of words between Finance Minister Simeon Djankov and President Georgi Parvanov. He suggested that Djankov suffers from “sick ambitions and desperation to keep in the limelight.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend