Police Arrest Chief of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
The General Secretary of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, Stefan Nikolov, has been arrested in a police operation late Monday.
According to unconfirmed reports Nikolov has been accused of being involved in a channel for giving illegal Bulgarian citizenship to Ukrainians and Moldavians
Police busted Nikolov after searches of his office and home. He has allegedly been charged with abuse of office.
In February the Director of the Migration department of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry, Stefan Hristov, was arrested for allegedly giving permanent Bulgarian residence status to people who were not entitled to it. It is not yet clear whether the 2 cases are linked.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison