Bulgarian Ex District Governor Busted over Land Swaps
Erdinch Hadzhiev, former District Governor of Bulgaria’s Dobrich, has been arrested, Interior Minister Tsvetanov announced.
Hadzhiev has been detained and charged with approving the swap of state owned lands worth BGN 166 000 located in the Black Sea Municipality of Shabla for cheaper plots in the interior of the country.
Hadzhiev is a former Governor of the Dobrich District (2008-2009), and a former MP from the ethnic Turkish party Movements for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Plamen Ganev, a former head of the Administrative Control Directorate in Dobrich, has been charged together with Hadzhiev over the land swap.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski