6,1-Magnitude Aftershock Quake Strikes off Chile's Coast
A powerful aftershock earthquake with a magnitude of 6,1 struck off the coast Chile early Sunday local time.
The strongest aftershock comes about a day after much of the country was devastated by the 8,8-magnitude quake that struck early Saturday morning.
According to the US Geological Survey, the aftershock hit at 8:25 am local time, and its epicenter was located 63 km north of the city of Talca.
No additional damages or casualties have been reported as a result of the aftershock. At least 300 have been killed in the original earthquake on Saturday.
- » Trump Promised to Close the Background Check Loopholes for Gun Buys
- » More Than Half of Britons Want a Referendum on the Brexit Agreement
- » Five EU Countries Agree to Welcome Migrants From Open Arm Ship
- » UN Security Council with an Extraordinary Meeting Called at the Request of Russia and China
- » Mass Prison Break in West Papua - Police is Looking For 250 Prisoners
- » The US is Ready to Resume Direct Talks with North Korea on its Nuclear Program