Economy Minister: Bulgaria Top Destination for Romanians
Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Traicho Traikov and his Romanian counterpart Adrian Videanu met in Sofia on Friday.
Romania’s Economy and Energy Minister Videanu was in Sofia as part of the top-level Romanian government delegation led by PM Emil Boc.
Several projects of major importance for both countries have been the matter of the talks of Traikov and Videanu in Sofia including, the gas network connection “Ruse-Giurgiu”, the two proposed hydro-electric complexes on the Danube River “Nikopol-Turnu Magurele” and “Silistra-Calaras”, and the participation of the two countries in the gas transit pipelines Nabucco and South Stream.
Bulgaria’s Minister of Economy, Energy, and Tourism, Traicho Traikov, has pointed out that both countries have interest in deepening the cooperation in the tourism sector. According to Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry, almost 1 million Romanians visited Bulgaria in 2009 making it the most preferred foreign tourism destination in Romania.
Romania ranks fourth among Bulgaria’s foreign trade partners; the bilateral trade amounted to EUR 1,8 B in January-November 2009. The total Romanian investments in Bulgaria amount to EUR 216,3 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare