Bulgaria Revenue Agency Fires 25 Employees over Corruption
The Executive Director of Bulgaria’s National Revenue Agency (NAP), Krasimir Stefanov, stated Saturday that 25 NAP employees have been fired for corruption.
Stefanov said the move came after internal audits showed corruption practices within the Agency, Darik Radio reported.
Stefanov continued that the NAP inspections of pop and folk performers are continuing as are the checks on 261 top flight footballers who were unable to substantiate their income. “They can not explain their lifestyle from their income, " he added. NAP are also inspecting all citizens who have a declared income of over BGN 50 000 for 2008 but are not V.A.T registered.
Stefanov concluded by praising the NAP tax policy and added that they had investigated over 100 individuals in relation to the recent ‘Octopus’ and ‘Impudent’ special police operations.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria