Golf Legend Tiger Woods Makes Tearful Apology over Affair
Tearful Tiger Woods has made a full and frank apology for cheating on his wife.
The world number one golfer was talking publicly for the first time since the scandal surrounding his private life erupted in late November last year, the BBC reported.
"I was unfaithful, I had affairs and I cheated. What I did was unacceptable," said the 14-time major winner.
The 34-year-old added: "I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation and kids all around the world who admired me."
Friday's media event at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse in Florida was tightly controlled, with only a few journalists allowed access.
He spoke for more than 13 minutes, addressing about 40 people in the room, including his mother, friends, colleagues and close associates. His wife, Elin, was not present.
Addressing his personal issues, Woods said: "It is hard to admit that I need help but I do.
"For 45 days since the end of December to early February I was in inpatient therapy receiving guidance for the issues I am facing. I have a long way to go but have taken the first steps in the right direction."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance