Golf Legend Tiger Woods Makes Tearful Apology over Affair
Tearful Tiger Woods has made a full and frank apology for cheating on his wife.
The world number one golfer was talking publicly for the first time since the scandal surrounding his private life erupted in late November last year, the BBC reported.
"I was unfaithful, I had affairs and I cheated. What I did was unacceptable," said the 14-time major winner.
The 34-year-old added: "I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation and kids all around the world who admired me."
Friday's media event at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse in Florida was tightly controlled, with only a few journalists allowed access.
He spoke for more than 13 minutes, addressing about 40 people in the room, including his mother, friends, colleagues and close associates. His wife, Elin, was not present.
Addressing his personal issues, Woods said: "It is hard to admit that I need help but I do.
"For 45 days since the end of December to early February I was in inpatient therapy receiving guidance for the issues I am facing. I have a long way to go but have taken the first steps in the right direction."
- » Bulgaria Join Medal Table on Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- » Ivet Lalova with a Second Gold Medal in the Super League of Turkey's Athletics Club
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match