Bulgaria Ruling GERB against Full Smoking Ban
The Members of the Parliament from the ruling GERB party proposed the annulment of the full smoking ban that should become effective in Bulgaria on June 1.
The proposal states that for restaurants, clubs and coffee shops with an area less than 100 square meters, the owner can himself decide if smoking would be allowed, while for larger establishments there must be a well-isolated smoking space.
The motive behind the proposal is that the full ban would harm restaurant businesses and the tourist sector and would be frequently violated anyway.
The full ban is to remain effective for all other public spaces, the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party proposes.
GERB says the transition to a full ban must be done in stages and completed in the next 5 years.
The smoking ban was decided on by the previous Parliament and is part of the Health Act amendments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet