Bulgaria Ruling GERB against Full Smoking Ban
The Members of the Parliament from the ruling GERB party proposed the annulment of the full smoking ban that should become effective in Bulgaria on June 1.
The proposal states that for restaurants, clubs and coffee shops with an area less than 100 square meters, the owner can himself decide if smoking would be allowed, while for larger establishments there must be a well-isolated smoking space.
The motive behind the proposal is that the full ban would harm restaurant businesses and the tourist sector and would be frequently violated anyway.
The full ban is to remain effective for all other public spaces, the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party proposes.
GERB says the transition to a full ban must be done in stages and completed in the next 5 years.
The smoking ban was decided on by the previous Parliament and is part of the Health Act amendments.
- » No Hot Water in Several Metropolitan Areas
- » Bulgarian Security Agency will have Access to Student Data to Monitor Radicalization
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country