Bulgaria Migration Chief Arrested in Police Operation
The Director of the Migration department of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry, Stefan Hristov, has been arrested in a police operation on Tuesday morning.
Hristov was arrested for allegedly giving permanent Bulgarian residence status to people who were not entitled to it.
The Deputy Sofia City Prosecutor, Roman Vasilev, led the operation in a joint operation with officers of the Directorate for Internal Security at the Interior Ministry, DANS and the National Investigation Service.
According to documents confiscated in the course of the operation Hristov led a criminal group dealing with attracting and helping foreign nationals through the issuance of documents allowing false entry in to Bulgaria and giving false long-term residence to the immigrants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison