People around Bulgaria Rise in Protest against GMO
Five major Bulgarian cities are holding Thursday protests against the amendments of the Genetically Modified Organisms Act.
“For the Nature” Coalition of NGOs together with mothers’ organizations are holding protests Thursday afternoon in Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Ruse, and Veliko Tarnovo against the planned changes of the GMO act which are supposed to allow the release of GMO in Bulgarian nature for the purposes of scientific tests.
The law has been adopted at first reading but still have to pass a second reading. On Thursday, it will be considered by the Environment Committee of the Bulgarian Parliament.
- » UN: By 2050, There Will be More Plastic in the Seas Than Fish
- » Fire at a School in Plovdiv
- » UNWE Announced it is under Threat of Bankruptcy
- » Considerable Clouds Today in Bulgaria, Rain in Some Places
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth in Europe on the Spread of Measles
- » A National Coordination Council for Measles Has Been Established