Eastern Bulgaria Braces for Blizzard
Eastern Bulgaria is facing another blizzard over the next few days, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology warns Saturday.
The forecast is for strong winds and heavy snow, which will create dangerous driving conditions.
It is already snowing in the Black Sea capital of Varna, but roads, including the “Hemus” highway, are open for traffic.
Wet roads are reported in the Plovdiv and Shumen Regions while there is heavy snow in the areas of the cities of Smolyan, Kuystendil and Vidin.
Driving is treacherous on I-8 (Е-80) – Kalotina – Sofia – Plovdiv – Svilengrad and on the “Trakiya” highway.
There is also dense fog in Eastern and Northern Bulgaria around Dobrich, Tervel, Berkovitsa and Pleven.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today