Liverpool Sell Bulgaria Goalie Mihaylov to Twente for GBP 1,5 M
Nikolay Mihaylov has become the most expensive Bulgarian goalkeeper in history after being sold by Liverpool FC to Dutch team Twente for GBP 1,5 M.
Mihaylov has been on loan at Twente for the past three seasons and now the move has been made permanent.
The 21-year-old Bulgarian arrived at Anfield from Levski Sofia in 2007 but never made a first team appearance for the Reds, the Liverpool Echo reported (liverpoolecho.co.uk).
Former England coach Steve McClaren, who is boss of table-topping Twente , allegedly sees Mihaylov as the perfect long-term replacement for veteran Sander Boschker.
The sale of Mihaylov means that Liverpool received over GBP 6 M during the January transfer window with Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena also moving on.
- » River Edge out Boca after Extra Time to Win Historic Copa Libertadores
- » Grigor Dimitrov Clarifies his Statement About Sofia Open
- » Kubrat Pulev Signs Multi-year Deal One of the Largest Promotion Agencies
- » Fresh Blow for Bulgaria as Youth Champion Banned For Life Over Doping
- » Fresh Blow for Bulgarian Weightlifting as Youth Champion Banned for Life over Doping
- » Grigor Dimitrov: I will not Play in Sofia, this is a Private Tournament