Liverpool Sell Bulgaria Goalie Mihaylov to Twente for GBP 1,5 M
Nikolay Mihaylov has become the most expensive Bulgarian goalkeeper in history after being sold by Liverpool FC to Dutch team Twente for GBP 1,5 M.
Mihaylov has been on loan at Twente for the past three seasons and now the move has been made permanent.
The 21-year-old Bulgarian arrived at Anfield from Levski Sofia in 2007 but never made a first team appearance for the Reds, the Liverpool Echo reported (liverpoolecho.co.uk).
Former England coach Steve McClaren, who is boss of table-topping Twente , allegedly sees Mihaylov as the perfect long-term replacement for veteran Sander Boschker.
The sale of Mihaylov means that Liverpool received over GBP 6 M during the January transfer window with Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena also moving on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Will Tokyo Olympics Be Canceled over Covid-19 Pandemic?
- » Yasen Petrov is the New Manager of the Bulgarian National Football Team
- » European Taekwondo Championship 2021 to Be Held in Sofia
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Beats Pele in All-Time Scoring Record
- » Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova is Athlete of 2020
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Player of the Century at Globe Soccer Gala