Bulgaria Vancouver Olympic Team Given Presidential Send Off
Bulgaria President Georgi Parvanov has officially handed the Bulgarian flag to the Bulgarian Olympic team ahead of them leaving to prepare for the Vancouver Winter Olympics that start February 12.
Parvanov handed the flag to the President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, Stefka Kostadinova, and Bulgarian flag-bearer - young snowboard star Alexandra Jekova. Sports Minister, Svilen Neykov, also joined the official ceremony.
Parvanov stated: "This is a traditional ceremony, a ritual that I hope will give you strength, courage and energy to our Olympians.”
He concluded; “I would like to give the warmest wishes for success on behalf of all the Bulgarian institutions. We are here to show that all our institutions are consolidated in support of our sports and we hope that athletes will meet in a more festive atmosphere after the Games, honoring a truly worthy performance. Good luck! "
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019
- » Bulgaria’s Best Tennis Player Dropped Out From the Top 10 of the World ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Romania with an Idea for a Joint Hosting of the Football World Cup