Bulgaria Vancouver Olympic Team Given Presidential Send Off
Bulgaria President Georgi Parvanov has officially handed the Bulgarian flag to the Bulgarian Olympic team ahead of them leaving to prepare for the Vancouver Winter Olympics that start February 12.
Parvanov handed the flag to the President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, Stefka Kostadinova, and Bulgarian flag-bearer - young snowboard star Alexandra Jekova. Sports Minister, Svilen Neykov, also joined the official ceremony.
Parvanov stated: "This is a traditional ceremony, a ritual that I hope will give you strength, courage and energy to our Olympians.”
He concluded; “I would like to give the warmest wishes for success on behalf of all the Bulgarian institutions. We are here to show that all our institutions are consolidated in support of our sports and we hope that athletes will meet in a more festive atmosphere after the Games, honoring a truly worthy performance. Good luck! "
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian team CSKA-Sofia Remains Goalless in Europa League
- » Bulgaria: Milena Todorova Named Best Athlete of National Sports Academy
- » IOC Confirmed Thomas Bach Is the Only Candidate for Presidency
- » World Mourns Football Legend Diego Maradona
- » Football Legend Maradona Has Died
- » FIFA Announced Best Football Awards