Bulgaria-Greece Border Closed for Traffic, Protests Escalate
All border crossing points, except Zlatograd, between Bulgaria and Greece are closed Thursday, the Bulgarian border police reports.
Kulata-Promahon, Ilinden-Eksohi and Capitan Petko Voyvoda-Ormenion are closed for all traffic. The road at Zlatograd is not accessible for tractor-trailers.
The blockade is in its 18th day and Bulgaria's Main Directorate “Border Police” informs they have been appraised by the Greek authorities that the protesting Greek farmers are not going to let any traffic through Kulata in the next 3 – 4 days.
Vehicles were let through the crossing point last during the night. Some of the truck drivers say they stood in line in the freezing cold for 72 hours.
The “Border Police” appeals to people who must travel to Greece to use the other check points because of shorter-lasting blockade periods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday
- » At least 80%: The EU Obliges its Members to Stock up on Gas
- » Ambassador of Azerbaijan: We are Committed to Bulgaria's Energy Security
- » PM on Natural Gas: Bulgaria's Firm Step has Helped the Entire EU
- » Bitcoin with a Price over 30 Thousand Dollars
- » PRWeek named Maxim Behar the Best PR Professional in Europe