Bulgaria PM: Georgieva's EP Performance Was Perfect
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, gave the mark “perfect” of the performance of Bulgaria's Commissioner-designate, Kristalina Georgieva.
Georgieva appeared before the EP Development Committee Wednesday for what has been reported a spectacular and very successful hearing.
“Georgieva's performance is totally in the style of my GERB party – the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria. I am elated my advisors receive such high marks in Europe and around the world,” Borisov said.
The new hearing was imposed by the failed and withdrawn nomination of Bulgaria's former Foreign Affairs Minister, Rumiana Jeleva. Jeleva withdrew after a weak competency performance and amidst allegations of conflict of interests. After the hearing, the Socialists, the Liberals and the Greens at the EP refused to support the first Bulgarian nomination.
Georgieva, who until now was the Vice President of the World Bank, receives the same portfolio - Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria