Bulgaria Receives 25 SandCat Armored Vehicles from Israel
The Bulgaria Defense Ministry has received the delivery of 25 SandCat vehicles from the Israeli-based company Plasan.
The armored 4x4 vehicles were delivered after Plasan, in cooperation with Oshkosh Defense, after it fulfilled the contract awarded to the firm in 2008.
During a visit to Israel in January, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Ex-Bulgarian Minister of Defence Nikolay Mladenov examined the SandCat up close, followed by meetings with their Israeli counterparts: Benjamin Netanyahu and Ehud Barak.
Yaron Roded, Director for Marketing and Business Development at Plasan, commented: "The SandCat design fits perfectly into today's peacekeeping and HLS tasks, taking into account the emerging threats while maintaining the required flexibility for off-road and on-road mission profile which are so essential for many armies, police, and SWAT teams world-wide."
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria
- » Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year
- » The Government Has Approved an Air Transport Agreement Between Bulgaria and Kazakhstan
- » North Korea has Launched Two Ballistic Missiles