Bulgaria Receives 25 SandCat Armored Vehicles from Israel
The Bulgaria Defense Ministry has received the delivery of 25 SandCat vehicles from the Israeli-based company Plasan.
The armored 4x4 vehicles were delivered after Plasan, in cooperation with Oshkosh Defense, after it fulfilled the contract awarded to the firm in 2008.
During a visit to Israel in January, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Ex-Bulgarian Minister of Defence Nikolay Mladenov examined the SandCat up close, followed by meetings with their Israeli counterparts: Benjamin Netanyahu and Ehud Barak.
Yaron Roded, Director for Marketing and Business Development at Plasan, commented: "The SandCat design fits perfectly into today's peacekeeping and HLS tasks, taking into account the emerging threats while maintaining the required flexibility for off-road and on-road mission profile which are so essential for many armies, police, and SWAT teams world-wide."
- » Trilateral Security Summit in Israel
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: F-16 Final Talks Will be at the End of Next Week
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Offer for the Eight F-16 Fighter Aircrafts is BGN 2.2 Billion
- » US Devil Brigade Soldiers Showcase Air Defense Capabilities in Bulgaria
- » US Embassy in Sofia Delivers Offer for Acquisition of Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov and Defence Minister Karakachanov Watch a Military Training in Shabla