EBRD Extends EUR 6,5 M Loan to Top Bulgaria Meat Processor
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has extended a New EUR 6,5 M loan to Boni Holding, the leading meat processing company in Bulgaria.
The EBRD loan is aimed to support Boni Holding’s drive to improve energy efficiency and to bring it into line with EU environmental standards.
The proceeds of the loan will be used to complete the second stage of Boni Holding’s plant modernisation programme, initiated with the support of a EUR 15 M EBRD loan in 2006. The new financing will help the company finalise the refurbishment of pig farms and implement energy efficiency measures at its production facility.
“This project reinforces the EBRD’s commitment to support the development of private businesses with strong vision in the current challenging market conditions. We are pleased to continue our successful relationship with Boni Holding and help the company raise further its production and environmental standards”, said Gilles Mettetal, Director of the EBRD Agribusiness Team.
Boni Holding began meat trading and processing in 1991 and subsequently expanded to become one of the leading companies in the sector in Bulgaria. Boni specialises in pig breeding and pork meat processing and is market leader in raw-dried products, owning some of the leading brands.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has received Offers for the Supply of Natural Gas with a Secured Unloading Slot
- » These Bulgarian Electric Vehicles will be Among the Most Affordable on the World Market
- » Bulgaria: The Economy Grew by nearly 5% before the Start of Summer
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced
- » North Macedonia to Introduce Electricity Saving Measures
- » Annual Inflation in Bulgaria for July Jumped above 17%