Dominican Authorities Bust 2 Bulgarians with Ton of Cocaine
The National Agency for Drugs Control (DNCD) of the Dominican Republic announced Friday that they have seized over a ton of liquid cocaine from two Bulgarian nationals.
The drug has been disguised as motor oil in 11 tanks and weighed 1 229 kilos, Dominicantoday.com writes. Of the 11 tanks 7 tested positive for the illegal substance
The cocaine was seized from Zlatin Rumenov Raynov and his brother Kaloyan, who had several Dominicans as accomplices.
DNCD said in a statement that each tank had 175 kilos, according to the National Forensics Institute report, and that the drug was kept in the facilities of a welding shop.
Two Dominican Police officers are under investigation by DNCD for taking part in the drug trade.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million