Dominican Authorities Bust 2 Bulgarians with Ton of Cocaine
The National Agency for Drugs Control (DNCD) of the Dominican Republic announced Friday that they have seized over a ton of liquid cocaine from two Bulgarian nationals.
The drug has been disguised as motor oil in 11 tanks and weighed 1 229 kilos, Dominicantoday.com writes. Of the 11 tanks 7 tested positive for the illegal substance
The cocaine was seized from Zlatin Rumenov Raynov and his brother Kaloyan, who had several Dominicans as accomplices.
DNCD said in a statement that each tank had 175 kilos, according to the National Forensics Institute report, and that the drug was kept in the facilities of a welding shop.
Two Dominican Police officers are under investigation by DNCD for taking part in the drug trade.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: About 10 people have been Detained in a Police Operation against Trafficking
- » Operation "White" against Drugs throughout Bulgaria, 56 People have been Detained
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration