Bulgaria Parliament Oks Borisov Government Reshuffle
The Bulgarian Parliament approved Wednesday the first changes to the cabinet of Boyko Borisov and the GERB party.
Out of 196 present, 127 MPs – from GERB and its partners – Ataka and the Blue Coalition – backed the changes, whereas 69 MPs from the Bulgarian Socialist Party and the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) voted against.
Thus, the Parliament approved the dismissal of Bulgaria’s troubled former EU Commissioner-Designated Rumiana Jeleva from the Foreign Minister post.
Defense Minister Nikolay Mladenov has been approved as the new Bulgarian Foreign Minister, whereas his Deputy, General Anyu Angelov, is the new Minister of Defense.
The reshuffle was caused by the resignation of Rumiana Jeleva after her troubled EP hearing.
- » Fitch Agency Has Confirmed Bulgaria's BBB Rating with a Stable Outlook
- » Protests Against High Fuel Prices Continue in Shumen
- » Bulgarian Anti-corruption Commission Seeks to Seize Property of Former Minister of Economy
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister Valeri Simeonov Resigned
- » Bulgarian Drivers Could Buy E-vignettes Online from December 17
- » No Bids for the House in Center of Sofia of One of the Finest Poetic Talents Peyo Yavorov