Bulgaria Foreign Minister Jeleva 'Insisted' on Resignation
The Co-Chair of the parliamentary group of GERB, Iskra Fidosova, stated Wednesday that Rumiana Jeleva insisted on being released from her post as Foreign Affairs Minister in a GERB executive committee meeting late Tuesday.
Fidosova, speaking in an interview for Btv Wednesday, confirmed that the governing center-right GERB party had accepted Jeleva’s resignation both as EU Commissioner-Designate and Foreign Affairs Minister.
After a meeting of the GERB executive committee late Tuesday, Fidosova said that the decision had been taken at the will and desire of Jeleva. Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov did not attend the meeting but was informed by phone of proceedings.
Fidosova described Jeleva as a “fair and honest woman who had repeatedly demonstrated her skills and knowledge.”
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today