Bulgaria Foreign Minister Jeleva 'Insisted' on Resignation
The Co-Chair of the parliamentary group of GERB, Iskra Fidosova, stated Wednesday that Rumiana Jeleva insisted on being released from her post as Foreign Affairs Minister in a GERB executive committee meeting late Tuesday.
Fidosova, speaking in an interview for Btv Wednesday, confirmed that the governing center-right GERB party had accepted Jeleva’s resignation both as EU Commissioner-Designate and Foreign Affairs Minister.
After a meeting of the GERB executive committee late Tuesday, Fidosova said that the decision had been taken at the will and desire of Jeleva. Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov did not attend the meeting but was informed by phone of proceedings.
Fidosova described Jeleva as a “fair and honest woman who had repeatedly demonstrated her skills and knowledge.”
- » Bulgarian MPs Discussed the Vote of no Confidence over Healthcare
- » Mothers of Disabled Children Demand Resignation of Deputy PM of Bulgaria Valeri Simeonov
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans