Bulgaria Foreign Minister Jeleva 'Insisted' on Resignation
The Co-Chair of the parliamentary group of GERB, Iskra Fidosova, stated Wednesday that Rumiana Jeleva insisted on being released from her post as Foreign Affairs Minister in a GERB executive committee meeting late Tuesday.
Fidosova, speaking in an interview for Btv Wednesday, confirmed that the governing center-right GERB party had accepted Jeleva’s resignation both as EU Commissioner-Designate and Foreign Affairs Minister.
After a meeting of the GERB executive committee late Tuesday, Fidosova said that the decision had been taken at the will and desire of Jeleva. Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov did not attend the meeting but was informed by phone of proceedings.
Fidosova described Jeleva as a “fair and honest woman who had repeatedly demonstrated her skills and knowledge.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend