Bulgaria Interior Minister: 300 Mafia Bosses Plague Our Society
Bulgarian Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, has stated that 250-300 criminal bosses plague society and the country as a whole, with some important underworld figures amongst them.
Tsvetanov, speaking at the national meeting of the Interior Ministry leadership, said that so far there has not been an adequate response to these people by law enforcement over the past few years.
The data quoted by Tsvetanov was from a report handed to him by Interior Ministry departments and district prosecutor's offices on the criminal situation in Bulgaria.
He said that the report showed that certain underworld bosses who move their operations from region to region are not followed correctly by the authorities and that all regional Interior Ministry will now have to supply him with a monthly report on how they are dealing with the key criminal figures in their area.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, who also attended the meeting, was clear that the leadership of the Interior Ministry will be uncompromising towards police officers who do not want to deal with crime on the ground.
Chief Prosecutor Boris Velchev stated; “Unfortunately we are forced to rely on people inside these criminal gangs to testify in trials against the bosses. In the coming months we will improve our organization so that criminal bosses, who terrorize society at a local and national level, will have their influence restricted and they will be bought to justice.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros
- » Two Ukrainians were detained for Theft in Burgas, Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Armed Robbery of a Collection Car took place in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man from a Sevlievo Village was Shot in front of his home