Turkey-Israel Row Heats Up over TV Series Rebuke
Turkey has said it will recall its ambassador unless a row over his treatment by Israel's deputy foreign minister is rapidly resolved.
The dispute comes after the deputy minister, Danny Ayalon, summoned the ambassador, Oguz Celikkolits, to rebuke him over a TV series, ‘Valley of the Wolves’, which depicts Israeli intelligence operatives kidnapping babies and converting them to Judaism.
He then ensured the ambassador was seated on a lower chair and removed the Turkish flag from the table, the BBC reported.
In an attempt to defuse the row, Ayalon said disrespect "is not my way".
He said in future he would behave "in a diplomatically acceptable manner".
But Turkey has demanded a formal apology from Israel.
"Unless they make up for it by this evening, our ambassador will return on the first plane tomorrow," President Abdullah Gul was quoted as saying by the NTV news channel.
- » Osama bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden, Was Killed in a US Special Operation
- » Edward Snowden Seeks Asylum in France
- » Belgrade Opened Headquarters of the Transport Community for Southeast Europe
- » The United States Has Allocated $ 250 Million in Military Assistance to Ukraine
- » Boris Johnson Denied Lying to the Queen about the Reasons for the Parliament’s Suspension
- » The US Postpones a Planned $ 250 Billion Increase in Customs Duties on Chinese Goods for October 15