Bulgaria Court Orders Arrest of Missing Top Criminal Boss
The Sofia Court ordered Wednesday a state-wide search warrant and the arrest of Nikolay Marinov aka the Little Marguin.
The magistrates further revoked Marinov's BGN 20 000 bail.
The Little Marguin failed to appear in the courtroom for the trial against him and his brother Krasimir Marinov aka the Big Marguin for the plotting of 3 murders for hire.
The police is searching for Nikolay Marinov in connection with the murder of controversial journalist Bobi Tsankov.
Bobi Tsankov was gunned down on January 5 in broad daylight on a busy Sofia boulevard. He was known for his ties with the mafia and for publications revealing the dark secrets of the underworld.
The Little Marguin was found on the day of the murder, around 5 pm near Sofia's “Moscow” hotel, but was released because of a missing arrest warrant. Shortly after that the police have decided they needed him for the investigation, however, he was already in the hiding.
Nikolay Marinov's lawyers stated Wednesday they are not aware of his client's whereabouts.
The January 22 session was also postponed. The next scheduled date is February 3.
The trial was also postponed over the failure of the lawyer for another defendant to appear along with several witnesses. The lawyer said that he was no longer in agreement with his client while most of the witnesses were absent over improperly mailed summons.
Krasimir Marinov is already charged with plotting and ordering Tsankov's murder.
- » 2 Bulgarians Referred to Prosecutors over Hiroshima Peace Park Football Graffiti
- » Mobile Customs Teams in Bulgaria Seize over 51 Tonnes of illicit Fuel within a Week
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down High-tech illegal Cannabis Production Facility
- » Woman was Found Murdered in an Apartment in Gorna Oryahovitsa
- » Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Deadly Melbourne Attack
- » Melbourne Bourke Street Incident: Police Confirm Assailant Dead After 'Terror' Attack
What a joke!
They cannot take sombody to the police office for questioning without an arrest warrant?
They wait another 9 days for an arrest order?
Their trial another time postponed?
Poor Bulgaria! A Czech did it 12 months ago, but the rest of the world will make more Entropia's!