Jeleva Invites MEPs: Come to Bulgaria, Meet My Husband
Bulgaria's EU Commissioner-Designate Rumiana Jeleva has invited certain MEPs to visit Bulgaria with her in order to examine the allegations she was involved in conflict of interests.
Jeleva's remark was directed at Dutch MEP J. Sargentini who said the Bulgarian EU Commissioner-Designate did not answer satisfactorily the conflict of interests claims, and that Jeleva should have been better prepared to handle such questions.
She asked Jeleva explicitly if she was the owner of the "Global Consult" firm which, according to Bulgarian MEP Antoniya Parvanova, she managed in 2006-2009 while she was also an MEP.
"What is happening is a very strange way of providing transparency," MEP Sargentini stated.
"I am not an owner of "Global Consult". I don’t know where you got this information from. But I am asking you once again - I am inviting you to come with me to Bulgaria to see the Bulgarian registers. I will help you. The register is in Burgas. I am not an owner," Jeleva declared, urging once again the MEPs to ask her questions about her portfolio.
Earlier, the Bulgarian nominee invited all MEPs to visit Bulgaria and her city, Sofia, to meet with her family and her husband and see for themselves that they are not involved in anything wrong, upon which she offered to end the discussion about her conflict of interests.
- » Bulgarian Women are Last in Europe in Terms of Participation and Skills in the Digital Sector
- » The EP Will Vote on a Resolution on the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » MEP: It Would be Wise to End Clock Change in 2020
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria
- » 113 Bulgarian Municipalities will Receive Vouchers for Free Internet from the EU
- » Eurostat: Sofia Airport is on the 63nd Position Among the 150 Airports in the EU
Instead of inviting people to Sofia, she should bring copies of her bank account statements and explain her and her husband's income and ownership of luxury goods and real estate. Follow the money trail if you want to catch a crook. Jelevi are no different. This koshtramba has been swindling Bulgaria ever since she got on the privatization board years ago. She has laundered her husband's dirty money already long ago. Now they both might be legitimate, but let's follow the money trail back 10 years and you will find all the financial wrongdoing these two izrodi have perpetrated.