Cop: Killed Bulgarian Journalist Did Not Know Most Mafia Bosses
Bobi Tsankov, controversial Bulgarian radio and TV host who was murdered in Sofia January 5, did not know most of the mafia bosses despite his claims to the contrary.
This has been stated by Valeri Yordanov, Director of the Sofia Directorate of the Interior Ministry, as quoted by bTV.
In his paper articles and book Tsankov claimed he knew key Bulgarian gangsters such as Konstantin Dimitrov, aka Kosyo Samokovetsa, and Metodi Metodiev, aka Meto Ilienski.
Yet, there is information that he was close with Anton Miltenov (aka The Beak), a lower profile drug dealing boss in Sofia who supplied Tsankov with money for radio and TV games.
Yordanov has described the murdered journalist and writer as a smart and inventive man whose skills unfortunately were used for fraud schemes.
The policeman said Tsankov had regular daily routes in Sofia and often visited the law firm he was going to when he got shot.
Yordanov has disproved the claims that the two men with Bobi Tsankov at the time of his assassination were his bodyguards. Instead, they are other clients of the same law firm, and none of them used to be a driver for criminal boss Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata.
In his writings, Tsankov has mixed real with imagined facts, the head of the Sofia police stated. He confirmed the police had CCTV footage and witnesses of the murder but declined to comment more specifically on them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District