Air Berlin Jet Slides Off Runway at Dortmund
A jet of German budget airline Air Berlin with 165 passengers on board slid off the runway at Dortmund airport on Sunday morning, following an aborted take-off, an airline spokeswoman said, as cited by DPA.
The pilot of the Boeing aircraft aborted the take-off when technical problems were detected, but owing to wintry conditions the plane then slid off the runway.
No passengers or crew were hurt.
A spokesman for Dortmund airport said that following the incident the runway had been closed to allow the recovery of the aircraft.
- » Once Again the British Parliament is Postponing the Vote for Brexit
- » FAA: It Is Still not Clear When the Boeing 737 Max Will Return to the Sky
- » Volcano in Mexico Has Erupted
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections
- » Emerging Europe Announces Nominees for 2019 Awards
- » 6 People Died and 200 Others Were Injured as a Result of the Protests in Indonesia