Air Berlin Jet Slides Off Runway at Dortmund
A jet of German budget airline Air Berlin with 165 passengers on board slid off the runway at Dortmund airport on Sunday morning, following an aborted take-off, an airline spokeswoman said, as cited by DPA.
The pilot of the Boeing aircraft aborted the take-off when technical problems were detected, but owing to wintry conditions the plane then slid off the runway.
No passengers or crew were hurt.
A spokesman for Dortmund airport said that following the incident the runway had been closed to allow the recovery of the aircraft.
- » 15 Killed in Ongoing Islamist Attack on Kenya Hotel Complex
- » Macedonia Step Toward Joining NATO
- » MATERA, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2019
- » Presidents of EU Parliament and Commission Show Their Support for Romania’s Accession to Schengen Area
- » U.N. Says Reached 9.5 Million with Food in Yemen Last Month
- » Greek Defence Minister Announces Resignation Ahead of Macedonia Vote